BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 11, 2010

First Restaurant Outing

We took Calvin on his first restaurant outing with some friends to Taste of Texas last night. This particular place is about 45 minutes from our house and I was hesitant on how it might go. Calvin seemed to be entering his 6 week growth spurt and was eating very often. All my worry was for nothing though as Calvin sat happily at the table with us and hardly even cried. He was quite interested with the new environment and looked very intently all around. His pacifier also seemed to bring him comfort and kept him calm. I now am a believer in the pacifier for this child! I was hesitant in the beginning because I didn't want it to cause any feeding issues which it has not. It really seems to relax his whole body and he does not use it very often.


Last night was also another first. We put Calvin down to sleep at 9:30 and went to bed a little after 10:00 and I was fully expecting to wake up by midnight to feed him. I woke up at 1:00 worried I had not heard him but he was still snoozing away. I laid back down fully expecting him to stir any time and dozed off. When I heard him I thought it was only a few minutes later and was shocked to see it was 3:00. I got about 5 hours of sleep in a row! I thought maybe he would be wide awake after eating but he fell right back to sleep even through a diaper change and didn't wake up again until 6:00. I do not know if we will get a repeat tonight but it would be nice! Perhaps there is more sleeping at night on the horizon.

Below is a video clip from a few weeks ago. Calvin seems very calmed when Mark blows on his face. He has the same response almost every time!